Clutch Service & Repairs
Is your clutch making funny noises or does it feel odd when you press your foot down on it? It's probably a good idea to get that checked out. At Kiwi French Automotive we regularly service cars with hard, soft, sticking and noisy clutches and we are confident we can diagnose your clutch problems and get you back on the road with a minimum of fuss.
- Replace clutch fluid
- Adjust if a cable clutch
- Replacement of clutch master and slave cylinders
A clutch service has a number of similarities to a brake service so people often combine the two.
Book nowContact us
Some common clutch problems we encounter are;
- Chirping noise when the clutch is engaged - caused by a worn or fault 'throw out bearing' which is responsible for releasing the clutch
- Slipping clutch plate - the friction material on the plate (disk) is wearing out and needs to be replaced
- Growling noise when the car is idle - a problem with the manual transmission
- Squealing noise when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way to the floor - a problem with the pilot bearing or bushing
- Clutch is difficult or "hard" to push down - caused by the linkage, which transmits the force from the clutch pedal, sticking or binding and hence not transferring the proper force