Diesel Service & Repairs
One of the important choices when choosing a vehicle is what type of engine you want; petrol, gas (LPG) or diesel. Each has their pros and cons and each have different requirements for servicing and repairs.
At Kiwi French Automotive, located in Slacks Creek, diesel engine repairs are our bread and butter. Call or email for a quote or book a service online.
Diesel engines and petrol engines have a distinct set of differences, including;
- Type of fuel (obviously)
- Longevity - diesel engines are built to withstand higher compression of the fuel so they generally last longer than petrol engines
- Efficiency - diesel engines are 25-30% more efficient than petrol because they convert heat into energy while most of the heat produced in a petrol engine goes out the exhaust pipe
- Torque - diesel engines produce more torque which makes them good for towing
- Fuel filter - while it's important to have clean fuel in your petrol engine, dirty fuel will only cause the car to run less efficiently. In a diesel engine, dirty fuel can severely damage the engine so it's important to get the filter checked regularly
- Spark plugs and distributors - these are an important part of your petrol engines but guess what, diesel engines don't have them so they don't need servicing. Diesel engines achieve combustion by compression alone, without the need for a spark
- Performance - diesel powered vehicles can be thought of as the workhorse while petrol powered engines are more like a racehorse, however, diesel engines are actually able to achieve better acceleration, it's just that the other properties lead to them usually being fitted to heavier vehicles which make acceleration slower